As I'm trying to figure out the nursery. I'm in need of some help. Our nursery will remain neutral colors with the paint. (We are doing bead board on the bottom half of the wall and a "warm" beige on the upper wall. However, the bead board will be higher than half way with a shelf). Like this (except beige paint not blue):

That way it can remain the nursery for every baby without having to repaint, and the decor will be either boy or girl appropriate. I'm a little stuck on how I will decorate for this little one. I don't like the princess/diva stuff (I'll spare you my tangent but let's say I could devote a whole blog post on this subject). I prefer the bright colors to pastels. I'm thinking lady bugs but then I saw this picture from one of my email newsletter I receive. I love the wall pictures in this. The problem, in the newsletter it doesn't tell you where you can buy the decor. I'm on the hunt for this wall decor. PLEASE HELP! I love everything about these pictures. I love all the different tones of pink, and the bright colors.
Those are really cute! I have not seen them anywhere... however, the shapes (flowers, birds) seem simple. What you could do is get a lot of brightly colored fabric and cut the shapes out and place them on other fabrics. If that makes any sense at all? I have seen it done on studio five before. You would use fabric glue to place them or even mod podge onto a canvas.
ReplyDeleteIt could be a fun project! :)
Good luck!
Have you looked on etsy? You might be able to find something similar.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely look around etsy - you might find something similar. For more decorating ideas I love to look at kids rooms on http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ (apartment therapy's kids offshoot)
ReplyDeleteOhhhh, thank you for the tips!!!
ReplyDeleteMy first thought when you said 'ladybugs' was pink ladybugs with multicolored spots...
ReplyDelete