Monday, November 10, 2008

Random Thoughts

So I was running late for work, I didn't have time to grab my book or my ipod for the train, so I was stuck with nothing to keep me entertained but my own mind. Enjoy the randomness:

1. Why must teenagers claim that they are expressing their individuality when they dress like the rest of their friends - there is nothing individual about that.

2. While running late on the train, I was wondering if everyone else on the train are running late too.

3. Overhearing a conversation (remember no ipod) I heard a guy say, "slim chance" and that made me wonder: why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?

4. Applying some Bath and Body Works lotion I noticed a label that said "This finished product is not tested on animals" - so what parts of the lotion are?

5. Why do some people try so hard to be different? You know, those people who just can't wait for a chance to tell you their peculiarity (honestly, who doesn't have something peculiar about them). But yet these same people don't realize how obvious it is, and you sit and wonder do you tell them its obvious, but realize that is rude and so you never do because it may embarrass them so you just go along with it, but then isn't a disservice to not tell them because at least then they know that people know it's obvious? You know the kind of disservice you feel when you don't tell a complete stranger that his/her fly is down. And then isn't this the same as the teenager thought - isn't trying to be different conforming in a "non-conformist" conformist way?

2 comments:

  1. You are funny! Thanks for being my work friend - you make it fun to come to work and help me get through the day.

    ReplyDelete