I have been getting freezer meals together (thank you pinterest). Everything is done all the chopping and cutting, I just open the bag and dump it in the crock pot. They are packed with veggies. The test: are they any good? I haven't tried yet.
Oh, and green smoothies. Easiest way to get your servings of fruit and veggies. My favorite: One big handful of spinach (which is about 2 cups), 1 banana, and 1 mango, and 1 cup of ice. Nothing else. I love it. (Don't mind the picture of me, I just finished a 45 minutes ride on the stationary bike).And other things: We have been enjoying this unrealistic 55 degree weather in January. Enjoying some time on our new deck. (Oh, yeah, and the babe is growing. It is pure joy to watch her learn new things and continue to develop but I do it with a lump in my throat. My heart telling my brain, "No, no, no. Stay my baby forever." It can't happen, and it shouldn't happen, I know, but...)

Spending time with her best friend. It has been so cute to watch the Apple's relationships with the dogs develop. Sydney is definitely the maternal one. The loyal protector. Dixie is the friend. She makes the babe crack up like it is no one's business. We are still teaching the Apple how to be soft with the dogs (the reflex of just grab and pull isn't helping - but she is doing a great job and the dogs are amazing) Dixie takes it, and when Dixie is not in the mood for it she just walks away.
Anyway, we hope everyone had wonderful holidays. We missed our east coast family, but we will visit again after winter.


Jules,
ReplyDeleteThat picture of you should be captioned......Got Spinach???
Thanks for the updates on you,Brad and The cutest baby in the whole World.
We missed you,too and hope to see you in Spring.
Julie - I hope you share some of those recipes! Have fun!!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you get the homemade graham cracker recipe?
ReplyDeleteNanny, ha, that is what I was going for you. Anne and Kacie. My next post will be the recipes. The graham crackers are delicious!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Julie!!!! She has grown up so much!! What a cutie too. Look at you!! You are amazing, I envy everyone who makes freezer meals and homemade graham crackers and granola bars!! So fun!!! Next time I come to Utah we need to get together!!
ReplyDelete