\ˈgrō\, grew, grown, grow·ing.
verb (used without object)
1. to increase by natural development, as any living organism or part by assimilation of nutriment; increase in size or substance.
2. to form and increase in size by a process of inorganic accretion, as by crystallization.
3. to arise or issue as a natural development from an original happening, circumstance, or source: Our friendship grew from common interests.
4. to increase gradually in size, amount, etc.; become greater or larger; expand: His influence has grown.
5. to become gradually attached or united by or as if by growth: The branches of the trees grew together, forming a natural arch.
The outfit on the left was the outfit we brought her home in 6 months ago (it was even big on her). The outfit on the right is the one she wore yesterday (size 6 months).
So much has changed. She smiles throughout the day, she laughs, she squeals, she talks... a lot (wonder where she got that from?), she loves to eat books, she rolls over (tummy to back), she scoots backwards, she can't sit up on her own but oh, does she try (it makes my abs hurt watching her try to sit up), she seems to be a good eater (has yet to not like anything she has tried, the peas and beans took a little bit but now she seems to like them), she loves to look at herself in the mirror, she sleeps from 7:30 pm - 7:00 am, she takes 2 naps a day, she loves to chew on everything, when a new toy is presented it promptly goes into her mouth, after her nap (Sydney usually greets her first) she squeals when Sydney walks into the room (my heart melts every time).
I will never get over how fast time goes. My life has never gone so quickly since she came into it, I wish it would slow down a bit, but it can't so the only thing I can do is cherish every day.
I once had a teacher greet us one Monday morning and he asked, "How many of you wish it were Friday?" I am fairly certain we all raised our hands. He then said "Look at what you are wishing away." I have never forgotten that (obviously), and it means more to me now than ever before.
So much has changed. She smiles throughout the day, she laughs, she squeals, she talks... a lot (wonder where she got that from?), she loves to eat books, she rolls over (tummy to back), she scoots backwards, she can't sit up on her own but oh, does she try (it makes my abs hurt watching her try to sit up), she seems to be a good eater (has yet to not like anything she has tried, the peas and beans took a little bit but now she seems to like them), she loves to look at herself in the mirror, she sleeps from 7:30 pm - 7:00 am, she takes 2 naps a day, she loves to chew on everything, when a new toy is presented it promptly goes into her mouth, after her nap (Sydney usually greets her first) she squeals when Sydney walks into the room (my heart melts every time).
I will never get over how fast time goes. My life has never gone so quickly since she came into it, I wish it would slow down a bit, but it can't so the only thing I can do is cherish every day.
I once had a teacher greet us one Monday morning and he asked, "How many of you wish it were Friday?" I am fairly certain we all raised our hands. He then said "Look at what you are wishing away." I have never forgotten that (obviously), and it means more to me now than ever before.
Time never seems to go fast enough when you want it to, but always too fast when you want it to slow down!
ReplyDeleteJulie,
ReplyDeleteWe all wished that you would stay a little girl for a lot longer than you did.
You were so adorable and we loved you so much. But,you see,it is years later and we still love you as much as we did then.....
Nanny
Oh, thank you. Nanny, thank you for your comment it made my day.
ReplyDelete