The transition is moving along nicely. However, I will admit it was more difficult than I anticipated. I always wanted to be a mother, so accepting that the transition is more difficult than expected was hard for me. I would like to blame it on hormones and the fact that at 3 weeks I am still recovering and still not feeling normal. It doesn't help that my leg has still not healed (did I mention a nerve was damaged and my left leg remained numb - it's getting better but my foot is still numb). I want to add and say I love this little girl to pieces and I enjoy every minute with her. I actually get anxiety that as every day passes she is another day older and well, I wish her to remain a baby, my baby. I love holding her. I love napping with her. I just love to be with her. Brad's parents were kind on a Saturday, and told us to bring her by so we could go out to dinner. We were gone for an hour and a half and I missed her terribly. See, I'm babbling. I will move on.
And you can call me a bad mom, but yes, she sleeps on her tummy and it has improved my well being. On her back she was only sleeping in 30 minute intervals. One night (a very sleep deprived night) I put her on her tummy in desperation and she slept for 4 hours. So we bought one of those sound and movement monitor mats and she had slept that way ever since.
We went on a lunch date with Daddy last week so we got fancy. Which, of course, means pictures.



Her cord finally fell off, she got a real bath this week. You can see what she thinks of it. This was the only one she has cried since then.

She is beginning to smile.
Glad things are going well. Miss you in the office, but you are in the right place.
ReplyDeleteDon't ever say you are a bad mom because you put her on her tummy to sleep...You are a GREAT mom because you discovered something that she loves already! And that is sleeping on her tummy :) Emma was like that for nap time, but Jaxon wasn't. Also can I just say that she is a BEAUTIFUL baby!! I'm glad things are going well and that your leg heals quickly!
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful. I'm sorry to hear the transition has been rough. I so remember the panic of realizing how fleeting time is, and worrying I wasn't soaking up every moment with my babies fast enough.
ReplyDelete