Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Dreaded GRE (A Random Post)

So I finally bit the bullet and registered to take the GRE in October so I can finally apply to grad school. I've been avoiding it, I have to say since graduating it has been wonderful to come home from work and not have to worry about homework. I kept putting school off, but I finally realized I'm running out of time and decided to get on the ball. But I'm nervous; it is an expensive test to bomb, and I'm not good at taking tests. I didn't do too hot on the SATs, but I'm hoping college has at least helped me a little. Here is the thing, you know how they tell you to narrow it down to 2 choices? Well, I can narrow it down to 2, even 1, I just choose the wrong 2. So any advice on the best study materials and methods would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Eric and I both took the GRE when we lived in Philadelphia (of course I kicked his butt). We both just used a study guide and that was sufficient. I remember it not being very difficult. I had taken the MCAT previously - now that was DIFFICULT.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,

    I think you might find a lot of information about the GRE at:

    www.theprincetonreview.com/grad

    Go there and see if any of their information is what you need. For one thing they have a free GRE test that you can take.

    Let me know how you make out.

    Love,

    Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanny, thanks for the website. It had a lot of information, and the free practice test helpful is very. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete